On the Road By Jack Kerouac

“I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”



Saturday 5 May 2012

Braces are here!

Thursday morning was a significant event on my calendar. I finally have had my braces fitted after many months of dread and nerves. While I was getting them fitted, I realised it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, it only took about 20 minutes and it was completely pain free. I was even in a happy enough mood to traipse around Asda with my mum afterwards, while fighting the urge to smiley widely and creepily at strangers.

However, when I got home I decided to take a nap, and when I woke up, the agony begun. I'm not sure why it started then but now the pain of my teeth being tightened makes me want to curl up in a ball with my microwaveable doggy teddy. Now I've noticed my braces are scratching the inside of my mouth, so that's COOL...grrr. Though after talking with my friend Lauren, who also had braces, I realised that this is completely normal and I that I wont even notice that they're there in about a week.

Of course I won't feel them as much one my teeth push back a bit, but OUCH, until then, I'm on a diet of yoghurt and soup. Also I'm also making a habit of laying in bed while sipping my Weight Watchers hot chocolate through a straw. GOOD TIMES!

My friend Za'e will also be getting braces in a couple of months. BRACE BUDDIES. Wow I'm picturing how cool we will look...

Ah well, I just keep telling myself that the end result will be worth it! If only I looked as cute as this with braces:



No comments:

Post a Comment