On the Road By Jack Kerouac

“I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”



Wednesday 6 June 2012

Ab B. Goode

Gotta love it when your night starts with getting tipsy at your best mates house. Lounged out on the bed, bobbing our heads along to Rihanna is pretty much how we do it. However it's not a great idea to be totally wasted by the time you leave the house when you're wearing killer heels, as my friend Za'e would reassure you. 

So stumbling into town, with za'e constantly tripping up beside me and both of us fearing for our lives when any males passed us, we eventually reach our mates at Old Lloyd's to get the night started. By this point, it's pretty much pissing it down, not heavy rain, but that stuff that fucking sprays you and get's you soaked. I was just glad I'd brought my hoodie.

 Anyway, when we eventually went inside, we grabbed a table with some random people who I didn't know, but I assume Za'es boyfriend knew. But as we all know, large amounts of alcohol and a sing along starting with Chuck Berry and Huey Lewis & The News, can bond strangers very quickly. 

After a couple of drunken sing alongs, we stumbled into Gullies. A club that pretty much keeps the chavs and dickheads away. So me and my mates had a pretty good night jumping and shaking our bodies all over the dance floor to Teenage Dirtbag and anything else we knew all of the words to. 

However the walk home was a struggle. Za'e was pretty much in agony with her heels and has a very nasty bruise on her foot as evidence of being trampled on. But let's face it, if you get home at the end of the night unharmed or you're not a sweaty fucking mess... You haven't done it right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment