On the Road By Jack Kerouac

“I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”



Thursday 21 June 2012

Back to the Future

                                 

Why it took my so long to see this movie, I don't know. I scold my Mother for not making me watch it when I was younger, but no harm done now, I've seen it and it changed my life. Well not quite, but Jesus it's a f**cking good movie. 
Already I'm a huge fan of 80s classics, just like my best buddy Za'e. So last night, when I had nothing to do, like the 'Teenage Dirtbag' I am, I finally watched Back to the Future. If you're not thrusting your hips in the first five minutes of the film to 'The Power of Love' then you don't have a heart. 
Granted the movie has it's bizarre points, such as Marty's mum crushing on her own son, which to be honest I can't blame her for, because Michael J. fox is adorable. But mainly the film made my heart melt, and watching Michael J. Fox strut his stuff on a high school stage along to Johnny B. Goode made my life. All that was missing, was a packet of Pop Rocks to guzzle down, just to top of my retro night. 
I plan to continue this theme, by putting on some white briefs, a pink shirt, and some very slippery socks that will allow me to skid across the room to 'Old time rock n roll' I might even put it on YouTube... No? Okay.
I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it.

1 comment:

  1. On the subject of eighties classics, my favourites are Labyrinth, Who Framed Roger Rabbit (the doc makes an appearance), The Breakfast Club, Stand By Me. If you want to watch a wonderful little but slightly more serious eighties film that not many people have heard of, watch "Paris, Texas". It doesn't define that era like the others do and while it lacks their comedic flourishes, it's quiet, slow-paced and yet completely beguiling.

    ReplyDelete