On the Road By Jack Kerouac

“I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”



Tuesday 24 July 2012

London and Wireless Festival


It's been almost two weeks since I returned from London so I think it's about time I blogged about it. I've been too busy to blog, things like getting up at 3pm and going to bed at 4:45am have been distracting me. I know I'm a lazy bitch with a messed up sleeping pattern...
Anyway, me and Za'e were extremely excited to be setting off to England's capital. Though we're not exactly experts at catching trains which provided us with some interesting situations but never the less, we arrived in one piece.

After arriving at Paddington station we tried to find our hotel, which took us about 20 minutes. Since we had no clue where our hotel was, just that it was about a three minute walk. But should we take a left or right? We made a lucky guess, let's just say Google maps was no f**king help at that point.
Our hotel room gave us some late night entertainment. When I opened the bathroom door, the fan decided to start falling out of the ceiling. A dodgy hotel bathroom and my short temper is never a good mix, so I marched down to reception to explain my dilemma. A few minutes later the receptionist came up to see the problem. This guy looks and says "I fix and I return with screw driver." Just so you know this guy is about 23 and can barely speak English, also he clearly is no electrician.

He returned with a bloody electric drill, and assumed I was probably about to die. He ended up making the situation worse, and after I pointed out that he needed to move us rooms because it wasn't safe, he said he would move us rooms the next day. Until then he gave us the key to another room just to use the bathroom. Which happened to be two floors below our room... Inconvenient event number two.
However, Za'e and I weren't going to let this get us down.

The next day we set off at 9am to stroll down Oxford Street and run in every shop that had pretty clothes displayed in the window. After catching some of the beautiful performances from the Gay Pride parade and spending way too much money then what we should have, we returned to the hotel to find that they had moved us rooms and upgraded us, so my temper was at ease for the time being.
Sunday was time for Wireless festival! Me and Za'e made our way down to Hyde Park in our Wellington boots, prepared for the muddy surfaces that awaited us.

The weather changed from bright beaming sunshine, to torrential rain within minutes, and continued to alternate throughout the whole day. But I didn't mind as I had my union jack anorak ;-) 
Rihanna, Jessie J and many others rocked the stage that day, so after dragging our aching arses back to our hotel, which included a quick detour to the supermarket across the street, me and za'e sat in our hotel room sipping hot chocolates while savouring our last night in London.

The next day we travelled back to Grimsby on the train, though our journey began with a slightly creepy situation. A very large middle aged man who stunk of booze, plonked his above average sized arse opposite us. Just our luck eh? He sat there until we reached the next stop, guzzling his wine and taking up most of he space on our table. Turns out that when the people at the next stop got on, he was in their seat, so he randomly sat down with me and za'e for no reason. There were plenty of empty seas around, and his allocated seat was in an entire different cabin. Cheeky yob! I mean why do I attract perverts? He also left his empty bottles on our table, so he clearly needed a backhand right across the face to teach him a lesson.
Anyway, me and Za'e returned to Grimsby safe and sound, and continued to spend the next few days in depression as Grimsby sucks and London rocks.

P.s. If you're going to wonder around the streets of London, keep an eye on your surroundings, because when you realise you're the only white people around and that you've somehow wondered into Islam Land, it makes you feel...uncomfortable.

Our dodgy bathroom
God Damn mess!

1 comment: