On the Road By Jack Kerouac

“I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”



Wednesday 4 July 2012

Jersey and Folklore Festival


So last Wednesday, I took that short and familiar trip back to Jersey, a tiny Island I like to call the 'rock', which holds a lot of people that have given me some great times. And it was time to create some more memories.
Starting with my step-dad picking me up from the airport, greeting me by saying "It's great to have you back." to which I replied "Thanks...By the way I'm going out tonight."
He doesn't mind, he loves me!

I was later then reunited with one of my best friends in the whole world, Lauren. Together we giggled and instantly starting ripping the s**t out of each other, because that's what friends do. Well it's what we do anyway. It's how we show we care!
It was my old school friend's farewell prom that night, so we met them afterwards in a club. However apparently the new bouncer there didn't want to accept my English provisional licence, the meat-head bastard. So that resulted in me calling my dear step-dad to travel all the over the Yacht to bring me my passport. Like I said, he doesn't mind...he loves me!
So after I was allowed to enter, I immediately downed a vodka and coke, a drink I don't particularly enjoy the taste of but gives me a decent buzz, and started getting my groove on.
Even though I wasn't as drunk I had hoped to be at the end of the night, I still managed to have a great time.

Thursday night consisted of me hanging out with a few friends, watching a movie, and eating too much.

Friday I also ate too much.

Saturday was the first day of the Folklore Festival, we were very lucky with the weather, sunshine spread across the whole park, brightening up the day, and burning the f**k out of my step-dad's arms. He was in pain, I was in stitches. I may have drank a bit too much, as I realised when I went to place my empty cup in the large green bin and couldn't figure out how to open it, so I had to do the walk of shame back to my deck chair.

At 8:30 pm it was time for the head liner Van Morrison to perform. The guys does't say much, but holy f**k was he good. Luckily I managed to squeeze in the front row, so I could flop around like a washed up fish to the music. I was very impressed, as I leaned over to shout to my step dad, "Wow he's great on the sax!" to which he goes "Did you just say that he's great in the sack?!"...The guy is 45 so I can't be surprised that his hearing is deteriorating.

Sunday was equally amazing, the weather repeated it's brilliance, and I drank too much again. Though at 8:45pm I squeezed in the front row again to see Ray Davies, and screamed my heart out to 'LOLA', yes I know every word to the song and I'm proud of myself.


Overall the trip to jersey exceeded my expectations as usual, and I felt like it had passed too quickly as always! I look forward to my trip back next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment