On the Road By Jack Kerouac

“I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”



Monday 24 September 2012

Prof writing journal 24/09/12

Walking into class today, with my crippled back from work, I eyed up my seat, of which I would compare to sitting in a bin. Yes it's just that pleasant. Though, to my delight, the classroom was quite warm today, so I got to sit down all snug in my woolly cardigan. Until I saw our tutor Chris pressed one of the buttons on the A/C panel. What I would have given to have had superman's heat vision power in that moment!

It wasn't exactly easy to concentrate that morning when my best friend, who was sat next to me, continuously yawned and shivered like a chihuahua. Not to mention she was wearing a perfume, that for some reason, reminded me of my trip to Florida. I thought perhaps someone who was on that trip might have worn the same perfume, or that maybe it just smelt like the mass amount of cookies I ate at the time. I struggled to prevent myself from drooling at that moment.

Seeing as I so cleverly decided to sit in the front row of the class, I got to have a giant white screen in front of me all day, which isn't exactly easy on the eyes. Especially when I had to stop myself from falling asleep anyway due to the lack of sleep I had the night before. I would set myself a bedtime if I thought I'd stick to it. What can I say? I like Facebook too much.

I also discovered today that no matter how plain and quiet a classroom is, you will always find distractions. For example, the giant glass window by the door, which gives us all a fantastic view of the interesting looking students that walk by.
Another immature moment that morning occurred when me and Za'e actually thought it was hilarious if you said 'punctuation' really slowly, because it sounds like 'punch-you-asian'. I know, it's not even funny in the slightest, but it made me cry with laughter for about 3 minutes. I was very overtired.

No comments:

Post a Comment